7th International Conference “Music—Philosophy—Culture”
The Seventh International Multidisciplinary Scholarly Conference
Anniversaries to be celebrated in 2019—V. F. Odoevsky (215 years since birth and 150 years since death), B. V. Asaf’yev (135 years since birth and 70 years since death), F. Nietzsche (175 years since birth), Vyacheslav Ivanovich Ivanov (70 years since death), V. V. Rozanov (100 years since death)—bring back the rich and controversial heritage of the culture of the past, in particular, the multiaspected, prophetic, provocative epoch of Post-Romanticism and Modernism.
Some of the issues, explicitly or implicitly conveyed in the works of these philosophers, are suggested for discussion:
- a dychotomy of the Dionysian and Apollonian elements through the historical time;
- Religion in Arts vs. Arts in religious life;
- Eros as the topic of culture and arts;
- the category of style in arts; styles at the epoch of changes;
- the text as a cultural issue: literary, philosophical and scholarly texts; principles and methodology of the Formbildung.
The conference will be held at both Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory and the Library of the Russian Philosophy History A. F. Losev’s House. The working languages of the conference are Russian and English.
A section for students’ and post-graduate trainees’ presentations is also scheduled.
Applications will be accepted until 1 March, 2019 at: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
The application must contain the speaker’s full name, place of work or study, position, academic degree (if any), e-mail address and telephone number, as well as the topic of the presentation followed by an abstract 150 to 200 words long.