The First International Competition of Young Composers Sound of Mountains
The charitable project is organized as part of the cooperation platform ICC-Rotary (Inter-Country Committee) between the Rotary Clubs of Russia and Austria.
Goals and Tasks of the ICC-Rotary
- Unification of the creative young people of Russia and Austria
- Implementation of the joint projects of Russia and Austria
- International cooperation and promotion of international tolerance and peace
The Project Objectives
- Promoting the development of talented young composers’ skills and popularizing their oeuvre
- Acquainting the audience with contemporary academic music
- The strengthening of links and the exchange of experience between the organizations of art and culture in the Russian Federation and the Republic of Austria
Terms of the Competition
- Students of Russia’s and Austria’s musical educational institutions (of any nationalities) or composers whose principal place of residence are either Russia or Austria
- The participants’ age must be no less than 16 but less than 26 years old (as of 30 June 2021)
- No entrance fee is required.
Requirements to the Scores
- The participants have to submit a suite for string orchestra for the Competition.
- The orchestra will consist of 6 first violins, 6 second violins, 4 violas, 3 cellos, and 2 double-basses
- The following additional instruments may be used: flute, clarinet, piano (non-prepared), percussion instruments (snare drum, tambourine, triangle, cymbals).
- Total duration of the suite has to be no shorter than 10 but no longer than 15 minutes
- First prize: 1000 (one thousand) euros
- Second prize: 500 (five hundred) euros
- Third prize: 300 (three hundred) euros
- Two diplomas of 150 (one hundred and fifty) euros each
The laureates’ pieces will be performed at the final concert of the Competition and may be recommended for publication.
- for pre-registration: 31 May 2021;
- for applications, documents and scores: 30 June 2021.
To read the Regulations, to register, and to figure out more information about the project, please visit the Competition’s official website.
The above information is provided by the ICC-Rotary as the Competition organizers. Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory is not responsible for its completeness and/or accuracy.