Composers' Competition for the Sixth International Competition of Performers on Wind & Percussion Instruments
The International Composition Competition
The International Composition Competition within the Frameworks of the Moscow Conservatory’s Sixth International Competition for Performers on Wind and Percussion Instruments:
A mandatory piece for the Second Round is to be composed.
Congratulations to the winners of the competition!
A piece for bassoon solo - Andrey Besogonov: "The Catcher in the Rye"
A piece for tenor trombone solo - Anastasia Vedyakova: "Plumage Irise"
The competition is founded by Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory.
The order of submitting the application and holding the competition
1. The competition shall be held in two nominations:
– A piece for solo bassoon
– A piece for solo tenor trombone
2. Any composers may participate in the competition, regardless of their age or citizenship.
3. Each participant may submit a maximum of one piece in every nomination announced.
4. Only those pieces that have not been either performed in public or published by any printing houses or awarded at any other competitions may be allowed to participate.
5. The length of the competition piece may be a minimum of five minutes and a maximum of eight minutes.
6. Two copies of the score of the competition piece must be submitted anonymously. The title page of both copies must state a code word and must not state the composer’s name.
7. The score of the competition piece must be either made in clearly legible handwriting or typed on a computer and printed out. It is a mandatory condition that a CD with an electronic (scanned) version of the score be attached to the application as a PDF file.
8. The following items must be attached to the competition score:
а) the application form filled out by the participant;
b) a brief resume of the participant;
c) two photos of the participant.
9. All these items must be sealed in an envelope that must bear the same code word as is on the score of the competition piece.
10. The competition score, the CD, and the envelope containing the filled-out application form and the above-listed documents must be forwarded before 25 May 2014 to the following mailing address: 13/6 Bolshaya Nikitskaya Street, Building 1, Moscow, 125009, Russia; Attention of the Composition Department Dean’s Office, Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory. The envelope must be marked as follows: “To the Organizing Committee of the International Composition Competition for composing a mandatory piece for the Second Round of the Moscow Conservatory’s Sixth Competition for Performers on Wind and Percussion Instruments.”
11. In the event a candidate refuses to participate in the competition, neither his/her documents nor the scores he/she has sent will be returned.
The competition results shall be announced not later than 1 September 2014.
1. The Organizing Committee of the Competition announces the following awards:
– 10,000 rubles for the best piece composed for solo bassoon;
– 10,000 rubles for the best piece composed for solo tenor trombone.
2. The awards shall be paid out in rubles, with the deduction of all taxes to be collected in the territory of the Russian Federation.
3. The pieces composed by the competition winners will be published by the Moscow Conservatory and shall be mandatory for performance during the Second Round of its Sixth International Competition of Performers on Wind and Percussion Instruments to be held on 1–8 November 2014.
4. The competition jury shall have the right to recommend that any pieces submitted for the competition, whose authors were not awarded, be published by the Moscow Conservatory.
5. In order to receive his/her award, the following documents must be submitted by the competition winner to the Organizing Committee:
– for citizens of Russia — the passport, the number of pension insurance certificate, and the taxpayer’s ID number;
– for citizens of other countries (including the CIS) — the passport only.
The Competition Jury
Valery Popov, chairman (Russia)
Yury Kasparov (Russia)
Arkady Starkov (Russia)
Yury Vorontsov (Russia)
Phone: +7 (495) 627 7274