Born in Kharkov on 29 December 1967.
Graduated with honors from:
- Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory’s Academic Music College (Choral Conducting, 1986);
- New England Conservatory of Music, Boston, USA (Master’s Degree in Composition, 1993).
Completed the following additional training programs:
- Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language (Russia’s University of Peoples’ Friendship, 1999);
- English-Russian Interpreting in the Area of Humanities (Russia’s University of Peoples’ Friendship, 2000);
- Editing Texts in Russian (the Moscow State University of Printing, 2002).
Member of the Union Composers of Russia (2022).
- translation of scholarly and other special texts and materials, correspondence with foreign organizations and websites, as well as other texts related to the activities of the Department;
- performance of individual oral and written translations on behalf of the persons under the Departmental subordination;
- preliminary editing of texts in Russian related to the activities of the Department;
- participation in the description and systematization of documents and scholarly funds of the Department;
- work on the unification of terms, improvement of concepts and definitions related with the Departmental activities;
- keeping records and the systematization of the tasks performed.
- interpreting - when summoned by administrating staff;
- translation - remotely.
- English (fluent)
- Spanish (with dictionary)
Scholarly articles published:
- Gorbatov Dmitry B. (2020) “Music as a Subject of Semiotics: upon the Reading of Alexei Losev.” In: Muzyka — Filosofiya — Kul'tura / “Music — Philosophy — Culture”: a collection of articles of the participants of the cycle of conferences (2013–2017). The Moscow Conservatory Publishing Center: 41–67 (In Russian). ISBN: 978-5-89598-399-7
- Gorbatov, Dmitry B. (2022) “The Phenomena of Music and Language: Aspects of Systematic Typological Comparison (Preliminary Theses).” In: Nauchnyy vestnik Moskovskoy konservatorii / Journal of Moscow Conservatory 13, no. 3 (September): 602–31. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.26176/mosconsv.2022.50.3.08.