Innovative and Debating Points of Music Theory as a Diversified Science of Today
30 сентября 2013 г. | Conferences
Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory, together with the Music Theory Society, Rimsky-Korsakov St. Petersburg State Conservatory and St. Petersburg State University, are to hold a scientific and tutorial conference “Innovative and Debating Points of Music Theory as a Diversified Science of Today.”
The Intended Topics:
- musical composition theories of today;
- music theory in the context of today’s humanities knowledge;
- music theory and exact sciences;
- music theory and psychology;
- history of music theory and theoretical aspects of music history;
- music theory abroad;
- the brand-new know-how of teaching in the course of music theory education;
- music theory and art of performance.
The conference will be held in St. Petersburg (Russia) from 30 September till 2 October 2013 at the sites of both Rimsky-Korsakov St. Petersburg State Conservatory and St. Petersburg State University, involving Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory (University). The conference guests may be settled since 29 September upon request.
Proposals may be forwarded not later than 1 May 2013 at email@example.com
The proposal should contain:
- the author’s statement of the topic;
- an abstract up to 1000 characters long;
- the author’s first and last name;
- the author’s place of work and position;
- the author’s academic title and science degree;
- the author’s e-mail and contact phone number.
The speech can be a maximum of twenty minutes long; in addition, ten minutes will be granted to discuss the speech.
The releasing organization shall bear all expenses. The registration fee is either 500 rubles for citizens of Russia and the CIS countries or $20 for any other foreign participants. The mechanism of paying the organization fee will be further announced. Members of the Music Theory Society are exempt from paying the organization fee.
For an advance hotel booking, please feel free to contact Mr. Alexey Panov at firstname.lastname@example.org