Scholarly and Practical Conference “Música Ibérica: Cultural Interaction”
15 марта 2022 г., Конференц-зал консерватории | Conferences
Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory
Alfred Schnittke Moscow State Institute of Music
The Fifth International Spanish Culture Forum Música Ibérica
On 15 March 2022, as part of the Fifth International Forum of Spanish Culture Música Ibérica, the Scholarly and Practical Conference “Música Ibérica: Cultural Interaction” will be held at Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory.
The goals and objectives of the conference are to update the main trends in the development of Hispanic, Ibero-American and Oriental studies, including the issues of cultural interaction in the historical and musical contexts, as well as those of genre and style synthesis in the area of professional art and composition.
The conference is interdisciplinary: musicologists, philologists, philosophers, Hispanic researchers and orientalists, as well as historians of art and culture are invited to participate. Graduate and postgraduate students of higher educational institutions may also take part in the conference.
The main subject trends of the conference:
- 1) East and West: the dialogue of cultures;
- 2) History, theory and practice of the musical art of Spanish-speaking countries: aesthetics, music scholarship and performance, concert and social life;
- 3) Synthesis of genres and styles in composers’ oeuvre;
- 4) Diversity of the types of artistic interaction (music, literature, poetry, painting, architecture, cinema);
- 5) Interaction of traditional and professional music in composers’ and performers’ oeuvre;
- 6) Professional and popular music culture of Spain and Latin America, its origin and reception;
- 7) Contemporary music of Spain and Latin America in the context of a dialogue of cultures and eras.
The conference will be held at Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory (Moscow, 13/6 Bolshaya Nikitskaya Street).
It is planned to hold a mixed version of the conference, where both face-to-face and online formats will be combined.
20 minutes are provided for a presentation, and another 10 minutes are provided for a follow-up discussion.
In order to participate in the conference, please submit an application and an abstract (2000 characters maximum).
Participation in the conference is free, no registration fee is charged. Travel and accommodation expenses are not reimbursed. Personal invitation to the conference will be forwarded upon request.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to select papers by competition.
Applications are accepted until 1 March 2022. (Please click to fill up the online form.)
Contact person: Diana Visaitova, +7 (929) 588 5237. (Please click to send an e-mail.)